Monday, March 7, 2011

Future Road: Chapter 3: Ace, the showoff

We were all dead, I knew that. I mean can you imagine 4 people that just got dragged into this weird world and suddenly have to fight this gigantic monster!?!??! There is no way we could win. We were all trying to defend ourselves while trying to kill the monster. It was so fast. We were so tired, and I dropped to the ground, knowing we lost. Then this boy appeared. I mean, literally, showed up. He ran and said "No worries! The hero is here!" and he trips over a rock and falls. Me? No I wasn't surprised, I was worried. I mean, a guy who trips over a rock is gonna save us?

I don't think that's gonna happen, but he picks himself up and throws the spear thing hes holding. Then the monster turns around and starts chasing him. That's when he starts running. That gave us a chance to attack the monster from behind. After a few seconds the monster falls to the ground. I stand up and brush myself. The guy stood up and ran towards us. I took a step back. The guy stopped in front of us. "Hello, beautiful ladies!" I growled at him and he moved back. "My name is Ace" he said continuing. "Hello, Ace. Now get out" I muttered at him.

He stared at me and grinned. "This one doesn't like me" he commented. he moved closer to Mana and said 'My, what beautiful hair." Mana moved away and he fell down. He stood up and said "No problem" and moved on. He went to Starr. 'What a beautiful face you have" Starr ignored him and he moved on. I knew he was stupid, but he was really stupid when he moved to Natalie. "What a-" he never finished his sentence. Natalie took one look at him and punched him. he fell down. Starr looked worried. She looked at him and asked "Are you okay?"

He muttered something about hating people who were mean and got up. Natalie narrowed her eyes. "Don't help him or else he will want to join us" Ace shook himself and said "Join your team? Of course I won't-" he paused for a moment. "Of course Ill join your team!" He yelled. Natalie hit herself on the head and muttered something. That's when the introductions started again. "My name is Mana" Mana whispered. Ace smiled and said " What a lovely-" He stopped when Natalie raised her hand to hit him. Starr smiled and said "My name is Starr" Ace grinned "Of course you are a lovely star" Starr blushed.
Natalie stood up and said "My name is Natalie" She glared at him, daring him to make a comment. Ace just stared at Starr. I stood up. "Names Sparkle. And don't make fun of it" I said glaring at Ace. Ace just opened his mouth and said "Oh! I wasn't going to-" Natalie ran to him and punched him in the face. "SHE SAID DON'T MAKE FUN OF IT!" she yelled at his face. Ace stood up "Ok! I won't say anything!" I sat down and said "First things first: Where are we and why?" Everyone muttered somethings.
All of a sudden, the ground started shaking. We looked around to see what was causing the shaking. We saw the monster rise and shook himself. He was angry, very angry. I gulped; I mean, can we win against the monster that almost took us down, when it's angry? "Move back! Don't let it catch up to you!" I yelled. We all ran in different directions. The monster became confused it looked in ever direction. It seemed to have a problem deciding who to kill first. Finally he gave up and left, roaring loudly.
I ran back to the campsite. I sighed; he wasn't roaring because he was angry, but because he was calling for help. I sat down and everyone joined me. "What are we gonna do?!?!" Mana asked. I stood up. "I'll tell ya. We'll be ready! Let's g and train! We need to be stronger!" Everyone agreed to the plan because it was the best one: Training to fight; to defend; to survive. Everyone trusts me and I promise, I will not fail. Ace seems to put his flirting skills away and even managed to help.

With each coming day, I feel stronger and I even trust myself. But sometimes there are days when the monsters come and tried to hunt is. We just have to be prepared. These days are full of danger and more to come; but with my friends I am sure to overcome them. My fears are slowly disappearing and what's left is a warrior. A warrior made of steel, nothing can hurt me. With each coming day, I feel closer to my friends and wiser. perhaps, that is what the old man meant? I'm not sure but it makes me proud to have friends like them.

Everyone seems content and willing to help. There are days when we are done with stuff and we have nothing to do. That's when we get to do anything we want. But, we still need to keep some people on guard just in case. Ace flirts with Natalie, but Natalie just punches him around. Seeing those two argue always makes me smile. Mana always spends her time drawing pictures. Me? All I do is read.

Everyday is an adventure and we are always exploring new ways to survive. But there are some days when we get hurt and we have to find ways to heal our wound; but for me: This was my greatest adventure. Sure it was dangerous, but it was also fun and exciting. As we trained we also became stronger. One day, while training everyone's weapons began glowing. Suddenly, our weapons flew into the air and make a circle. They stopped glowing and started to change shape. They dropped back into our hands.

They had transformed. As if they had planned it, the ground started shaking. The monster we had fought was coming towards us. This time he didn't fight us though, he make a crack in the ground. "Get away from the crack!" I yelled. but, they weren't listening. They were shocked. By the time they realized what had happen, they were already falling. i have failed, I told myself, I was always pretending to be strong. but this was enough, I had failed. We all fell into the dark and endless crack..............

No comments:

Post a Comment